BI Technical Lead
Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining. Perform data warehouse design and testing, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation. Develop processes and procedures for entering information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring reliability of information entered. Seek continuous improvement in performance of data warehouse and ensure security of data. Career-Level position within field.
- Responsibilities include leading the entire development lifecycle for a variety of Business Intelligence solutions including both underlying data products and front-end info delivery solutions. Delivery must be according to timelines and project milestones.
- Experience managing a technical team, including human resource management, technical mentorship and peer programing.
- The creation of data product or marts to support business needs. Deploy a rapid prototyping methodology as well as traditional data modeling and datamart development.
- End to end report design, development and delivery from strategic and non-strategic data sources including data preparation, modeling and advanced visualizations.
- Partner with data engineering, business analysts and IT groups across entire project lifecycle
- Responsibilities include managing a technical staff with a focus on technical leadership, technical strategy and mentorship.
- Ensures alignment of business capability needs to business strategies and priorities.
- Accountable for turning Business Capability delivery into an information delivery roadmap in alignment with Business Intelligence strategy vision
- Defines and drives the information delivery best practices. Contributes significantly to the development of the strategic plan for Information Delivery, providing input to senior leadership.
- Analyzes and influences the business on decision making support for strategic planning, field execution, operational and analytical purposes.
- Promotes and implements self-service analytic tools to end users, documenting and training accordingly.
- Designs integrated information delivery strategies to meet the business objectives in alignment with organizational strategies. Accountable for all aspects of the project life cycle applied to the BI solution delivery, when applicable.
- Participates in end user adoption efforts to ensure active and effective utilization of the business intelligence solution by the business.
- Responsible for having broad knowledge of Business Intelligence products and tools and for developing strategy on products and tools to utilize within business.
- Works with other divisional and enterprise areas on tool selection, best practices, alignment with technologies and approaches.
- Collaborating with Information Architect to ensure appropriate solutions are utilized. Established with IT the transition process to implementation.
- Collaborates with IT to ensure that the appropriate infrastructure and performance requirements are met
- Oversees best practices for root cause analysis on production defects and schedules for correction.
- Accountable for ensuring that education of user groups occurs and that best practices are utilized.
- May have accountability for directly managing Information Delivery team members.