Software Development Manager
- This position envisions product development and manages projects through completion; analyzes, designs and develops software enhancements and new modules; manages development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Develop a software development plan that meets the future needs of clients and markets, based on the state-of-the-art technologies.
- Manage the release and sprint planning in coordination with project managers.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test and maintain applications
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code.
- Perform closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management throughout organization to influence product development assisting or improving products.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain, [team and with customers
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Establish processes for the preparation of reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Collaborate with consultants and authorized entities in process enhancement and company certifications.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- 15+ years of experience with at least 3 years in managerial level
- Experience hiring and developing a high performing team
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise-grade software
- Extensive experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Problem Solving Skills, all software is designed to solve some user problem regardless of the programming language or technology you use